21 Acres: Successful Composting Basics
Topics to be covered:
- What is Compost and Why is it “Good?”
- What is the Best Way to Make Compost?
- Open Bins vs. Containers
- Key Ingredients for Great Compost: Browns and Greens
- Getting Started: Activators, Worms, Microorganisms
- Critical Mass: When is Enough, Enough?
- Be Careful When Adding These Ingredients!
- When and How to Use Compost
Instructor: Fred Wemer
Werner is a certified Master Gardener and volunteers as the Garden Operations Leader at the Bellevue Demonstration Garden. His composting expertise has been honed gardening two-thirds of an acre on a forested island where he composts everything. Mr. Werner is a former dentist and UW Dentistry School Instructor and now raises edible flowers, brassicas, artichokes, and asparagus in the BUDG experimental bed.
21 Acres Member Discount
To become a member and/or to receive your member discount on this class, register by contacting Deb at 425-481-1500 or email@example.com.
Aug 30, 2012
from 06:30 pm to 08:00 pm
|Where||21 Acres, 13701 NE 171st St Woodinville, WA 98072|
|Contact Name||21 Acres|
|More information||Read more about this event…|
|Add event to calendar||
vCal (Windows, Linux)
iCal (Mac OS X)