Bring your class on a field trip to 21 Acres. A tour of our farm encourages discovery, sensory engagement, new relationships with plants, animals, and fungi, and insight into environmental stewardship. On tours, we encourage discussion about climate action and growing food through age-specific curricula integrated with teachers’ materials. Purposeful hands-on activities and opportunities to try fresh, local, organic food help to create a unique, living classroom experience. If you’re interested in all-things seeds specifically, like we are, learn about our AB Seed Project!
Schedule a Field Trip
We schedule field trips Monday through Friday. Groups are welcome to bring lunch and picnic on the farm. There is a fee of $95 for up to 19 students; each additional student, for groups of 20 or larger, is $5.00. Scholarship forms are available upon request.
- Experience herbs, flowers, and greens
- Get the chance to get hands dirty sifting through the worm bin
- Meet the resident goats Lucky and Skippy
- Learn about plants, soil, and related organisms that make our food
- Visit learning stations based on seasonal experiences
- Plant, tend, harvest, collect seeds, and make compost
- Encourage sustainable behaviors at school and home
- Schedule multiple visits to reinforce and build on previously learned seasonal activities
Middle & High School
- Delve deeper into science-based explorations
- Students make observations and ask questions with an environmental focus
- Spend time on the farm learning about sustainable organic agriculture
- Taste produce and explore our native plants in the surrounding habitat