Links We’re Loving #2
- posted on: August 25, 2014
- posted by: 21 Acres
Here’s another “Links We’re Loving” post from 21 Acres.
The links shared here will be thought-provoking, useful, or otherwise interesting to those like us that are passionate about sustainable agriculture. We all may have different opinions about these issues, but here at 21 Acres we love to talk about them.
We hope you take a look at them!
- This Grist article discusses the growth of wild amaranth as a weed and ways to use it. We have amaranth “weeds” growing abundantly on the 21 Acres farm!
- This article from Food & Water Watch discusses the FDA’s recent six-month update regarding progress after the announcement of its voluntary efforts to change how antibiotics are used in factory farming.
- Here’s a great way to make these famous crackers at home, using ingredients you trust. Thanks to Oh She Glows, one of the top vegan recipe blogs.
- Many local farmers sell chickens whole, which is the best value for the consumer. If you’d like to try using the whole animal but aren’t quite sure how to prepare it, here’s a foolproof and delicious way to cook a chicken from the blog 100 Days of Real Food.
- Another piece from food writer Nathaniel Johnson at Grist (check last week’s Links We’re Loving to see another piece by him!), this time it’s all about soil health! Another reminder about the myriad ways that agriculture affects our climate and environment.
Thanks for reading our current collection of articles! Please share your thoughts in the comments below.