Recipe: Kari’s Easy Pork Fried Rice
- posted on: August 5, 2019
- posted by: Kari Fetrow
"*" indicates required fields
Hi folks! Kari here, finally all the web construction tape has been lifted on our new recipe section and I can bring you recipes and cooking tips once again in an easy-to-find format.
This week I have a super easy Pork Fried Rice made with local napa cabbage, carrots, and spring onions! It was delish and took me a total of about 10 minutes to make with leftover rice!
Kari’s Easy Pork Fried Rice
- 3-4 cups cooked rice
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 1 large carrot, diced fine
- 4 handfuls napa cabbage, rough chopped
- 3 spring onions, whites and green chopped and separated
- 1 stalk celery, diced fine
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, optional
1. Heat a deep skillet on medium high heat and brown the ground pork, set aside.
2. While the pork is browning. Add 1 tbsp oil to you cold rice and break it apart with your hands coating the rice with the oil, set aside.
3. Add 1 tbsp of oil and the carrot, celery, and whites of the spring onions, stir fry for about 2 minutes.
4. Then add the napa cabbage and stir fry for 1 more minute.
5. Optional- Scrape the veggies to the side of the skillet, then add 1 tbsp oil to the base skillet. Pour the egg and scramble. This will go very fast at medium high heat, about 30 seconds.
6. Add the rice and pork to the skillet, stirfry for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
7. Add soy sauce and stir until fully incorporated.
8. Serve with spring onions greens on top.