EDUCATION ON THE FARM
Our regenerative farm provides educational opportunities for people of all ages. It serves as an outdoor classroom for field trips, an adventure center for farm camps, a home for veterans healing, a center for volunteering and a connection for all of us to learn how food is grown. If you can’t come visit us on campus, check out these virtual learning opportunities.
- Outdoor education provides youth of all ages--up through college and beyond--the chance to be part of their food system.
- Participants learn valuable skills about how food is grown, harvested, and used in the Puget Sound area.
- Learn more about Youth Education
Tour the Farm
- Stretch your legs and learn about regenerative farming practices.
- Take home ideas and resources for your own garden or patio.
- Learn more about Tours at 21 Acres
Learning Experiences and Classes
- Learn from knowledgeable experts about beekeeping, permaculture, gardening, and more.
- Gain valuable knowledge about composting, water conservation techniques, and how to support local agriculture.
- Learn more about upcoming Fun Things to Do
- Can't make it to the farm? Learn from our experts from the comfort of home.
- Engage with farm field trips, learn from our green building expert on a LEED Platinum tour, go on an herb gathering walk, and more.
- Find your virtual learning experience here.
Hands-on Volunteer Opportunities
- Ever wanted to know what it's like to be a farmer? Gain hands-on experience working beside our soil team to plant, mulch, prepare beds, create compost, and more.
- Working on a university or college project? We work with students and teachers to match your research and learning goals with our current campus needs.
- Learn about upcoming volunteer opportunities.