Learn something new with online videos, resources, how-to guides, and field trips to spark your imagination. Check this page regularly to access new information as its posted. If you’re interested in receiving periodic updates by email, please send a message to: email@example.com. Of course, if you have feedback to share that is most welcome.
Growing Food (Continued)
Youth Learning & Field Trips
- In these Virtual Farm Field Trips, join us as we explore 21 Acres using science, story, and song. Each episode has a different theme–great for curious youth of all ages!
- Watch Virtual Farm Field Trips now
Virtual Building Tour
Inside the Apiary
- Enjoy a window into beekeeping on the farm with Nan who manages 6 hives with the help of dedicated volunteers.
- Watch Inside the Apiary and let us know what you think. More to come as the season goes on throughout the year.
- Adding Supers to the Hive Join us as Nan and Krystal add supers to this successfully over-wintered hive for more honey production!
Inside the Apiary (Continued)
Rhianne celebrates Earth Month
Basics of Homesteading with Hawthorn Farm
- Hawthorn Farm will be Zooming with us on the 2nd Saturday of every month. Register now for free: Fun Things to Do.
- Q&A with the Goat Herd! Meet a dairy goat and her adorable kids on this recorded live event May 9, 2020.
- Essential Tools and Toolcare Learn about the best tools for your garden in this video recorded June 13.
Basics of Homesteading with Hawthorn Farm (Continued)
- Tools for Tree Care and Harvest Care for your trees and harvest plentifully in this video recorded August 8.
- Tomatoes in the Kitchen! Learn how to can, dry, and preserve your tomatoes in this live recording from September 12.
- Making Sauerkraut Fermenting cabbage at home is one of the most economical ways to get probiotics and vitamins--and easier than taking care of a houseplant.
Plant Medicine 101 with Journey Home Healing
- Nettles: April 11 Livestream Harvesting near trails; learning about the body's response to nettle leaf; and much more
- Dandelions: May 2 Livestream Aren't dandelions just a weed? Dr. Sarah Sue talks about how your body uses parts of the dandelion plant.
- Hawthorn and Garlic: May 16 Livestream Heal the heart with hawthorn.
Plant Medicine 101 Continued
- Borage and Yarrow: June 6 Livestream Courage and healing with these unique plants.
- Wild Roses and Calendula: June 20 Livestream Roses aren't just beautiful--their parts are useful, too!
- Fennel and Chamomile: September 5 Livestream How can carminative herbs soothe the stomach and your body?
- Rosehips, Hawthorn Berries, & Raspberry Leaves: October 3 Livestream Get extra Vitamin C with these foods!
Yoga with Sabrina
- Join local stress management and nutritional coach, Sabrina Poor, for a 30 minute all-levels yoga class!
- Yoga with Sabrina: Deep Stretch and Relaxation
Virtual Farm Tour
- Join us on the last Saturday of the month for a virtual farm tour and see how the farm changes throughout the seasons. Look at the Fun Things to Do page to register for free.