Kids on the Farm — Free Open House, April 2
- posted on: March 28, 2016
- posted by: 21 Acres
Bring the entire family to 21 Acres this coming weekend for a free open house, Saturday April 2, noon to 1:30 pm. Spread the word to anyone you know who is interested in getting more kids in the kitchen and on a farm. There will be lots to do, including being able to:
- Create and taste kid-friendly recipes with Chef Asako and Chef Laura
- Visit the “farm-igami” station where kids can create origami pots, then add soil to plant a seed to take home
- Create a pollinator-friendly flower ball to plant at home to attract bees and butterflies throughout the summer
- Explore 21 Acres Farm—take a guided walk about the farm and stop
to say hello to our resident goats, Lucky and Skippy!
- In honor of International Children’s Book Day, celebrate food literacy as we
launch locally-authored Readers to Eaters book titles for sale in the Market.
- Learn more about 21 Acres’ children’s programming including: Farm Camp, School Field Trips, Storybook Farms, Cultivating Cooks culinary classes and more!
Take the time to talk to our staff who will be on hand during the open house and learn about our summer farm camp program:
NEW for Teens: Farmer-in-Training June 27 – July 1; Ages: 13 to 18 years
Food from the Fields July 11 – July 15; Ages: 7 years to 12 years
Minds Crafting Your Garden July 18 – July 22; Ages: 7 to 12 years