Links We’re Loving #1
- posted on: August 18, 2014
- posted by: 21 Acres
Welcome to the first “Links We’re Loving” post here on the 21 Acres blog! We’ll be creating these posts regularly to share articles, recipes, and other pages from around the web that we’ve enjoyed recently.
The links shared here will be thought-provoking, useful, or otherwise interesting to those like us that are passionate about sustainable agriculture. We all may have different opinions about these issues, but here at 21 Acres we love to talk about them.
We hope you take a look at these links!
- An interesting look at some of the leaders in various areas of sustainable innovation around the country
- This recipe would be great with local peaches that are in-season right now, and some smoked salt from the local producer SaltWorks, Inc. that we sell in our Farm Market!
- A surprisingly moderate take on the issue of genetically modified foods, this article from Grist brings up some intriguing points that I hadn’t thought about before. Whatever your thoughts on GMOs, this is definitely worth the read!
**By the way – here at 21 Acres we don’t use or sell GMO-containing products. However, we recognize the importance of learning about and discussing the benefits and consequences of using GMOs.
- This post from the popular blog, 100 Days of Real Food, has some great tips on eating sustainably and healthily while on a budget.
- This Mother Jones article gives a smart reminder about greenwashing and the lack of meaningful regulation of the “natural” label.
Thanks for reading our current collection of articles! Please share your thoughts in the comments below. -Madeline